Are your vehicles licensed/approved to carry meat and seafood?
What types of refrigerated goods do your vehicle transport?
Can I load a mixture of frozen and/or chilled and/or dry products?
Can I use a generator?
How to use Electric Standby (ESB) ?
Using ESB reduces operating costs up to 70%, so it’s important to know how to use it:
- Switch off the vehicle ignition
- Make sure you’re using the correct 10 or 15 amp dedicated mains power supply
- Before connecting, switch off the cab control
- Turn on at mains
Please Note: Maximum lead length is 10 meters. Avoid multiple leads. When using a 10 amp power socket, make sure nothing else is plugged in the same socket.
How do I use a Fridge Van correctly?
- Pre-chill the load space for 30 minutes before loading (minimise the time the doors are opened to avoid heat and humidity so that the coolness is maintained.)
- Products should be carefully loaded at the right temperature because our vehicles are designed only to maintain the temperature.
- Spread the load evenly within the vehicle around 60 to 80 mm in front, 200 mm to roof and 50mm between the floor and load.
- Try not to put different varieties of goods together as the unit will not serve the desired temperature needs.
- Make sure to check the load at regular intervals
Important: Please don’t leave the vehicle with the fridge unit running without switching on the engine as it will drain the vehicle battery.
What should I do if I’m in an accident in the SLR Rental Vehicle?
- Drivers license (take a photo of the front and back if possible), alternatively, please note down the full name, address and license number.
- Phone number
- Vehicle registration and model
- Details from an independent witness.
- Take photographs and videos of any damages for proof.
Please Inform SLR Rentals about the accident as soon as possible. If required, we may require you to fill in an accident form.
Can I park my vehicle at the SLR Rentals?
Can I return my rental vehicle outside normal business hours?
Please note, our vehicle is your responsibility until it has been inspected and checked by SLR Rentals the following day.
Do you charge cancellation fees?
What is the minimum age of drivers ?
What license do you accept?
What is a Day’s rental?
For more details on our Daily, Weekly and Monthly Rates, please contact us on 0452 617 232.
How many days in advance do I need to book a Refrigerated Transport Vehicle?
Do you offer any discount deals for long term hire plans?
Can I drive my refrigerated transport vehicle one way?
Do you have various sizes of fleets to suit all storage requirements?
How do I book and pay to hire a SLR Rentals Vehicle?
Payments can conveniently be made with credit cards online (we accept all types of major cards) or in person at the SLR Rentals Office.
What should I do if I have a breakdown?
Are there any extra fees/expenses such as Fuel/Tolls?
Vehicles will be provided a full fuel tank and will need to be returned with a full tank.
Please note, if vehicles are not returned with a full tank, you will be charged the cost of the refuel plus an administration fee. Also, if a call out is made due to the driver’s fault, a call-out fee of $110.00 will be charged.