COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU
We collect your personal information from our credit forms and hire agreements, from your conversations with us in person and by phone, from our email correspondence with you, and from our website
When you are making enquiries about our products and services, we may request that you supply us with your name, and your contact details such as phone number, address and e-mail address. This assists us in providing our services to you, and in answering your inquiries.
- When you hire any equipment from us, we will request that you supply us with;Name, street address, e-mail address, telephone, mobile and, your company or business name to identify you, and for any other information we need in order to be able to contact you.
- Identification documents such as your passport, drivers licence, and any other documents we require to safely identify you and to establish your competency to drive and operate our vehicles and operate refrigeration equipment.
- Your credit card details for the purpose of paying for the services we provide you.
- Bank and accounts details to secure your obligations to us.
- Trade references to allow us to assess your background and suitability to be our client.
- Other corporate or trust information where appropriate, such as details of your co- directors or trustees.
All information sought is required for our business purposes.
We do not seek to collect any sensitive information such as ethnic background, political beliefs etc.When you visit our website, we may collect the above information from you when you provide it to us. We may also collect information on your website activities (e.g. date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, your operating system etc.) using “cookies”, like most other websites. A cookie is a packet of information that allows the hosting computer to identify and interact with your company. The cookies do not identify an individual but may provide us with statistical information that we can use to analyse our services. If your computer does not allow the placement of cookies, your use of our website may be restricted.
How we use your personal information
- Unless you inform us or have previously advised us not to, your personal information may also be used by any members of the SLR Rentals
- responding to your inquiries or requests
- helping us to conduct business with you
- helping us to identify, and informing you about, our products and services and items which may be of interest to you
- analysing and evaluating our products and services
- evaluating the needs of our customers and developing new products
- internal accounting and administration
- direct marketing to you
- setting up your accounts
- recovering monies from you
We assume we have your consent to use your personal information for the above purposes,in particular, for the purposes of sending information to you about our products and services, unless you advise us not to.
If you do not want us to contact you or send you information, please let us know.
You can always opt out of receiving promotional materials from us, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not release to third parties in Australia or overseas any of your personal information, except in the following circumstances:
- where we believe in good faith that we have your consent to that disclosure, includingwhere we have indicated in this policy that we may do so;
- where we are required to do so by law;
- to our external service providers and advisers. The information will be conveyed on a confidential basis and to be used for the purposes of our business only;
- to government authorities and law enforcement agencies in their exercise of their lawful duties;
- unless you inform us not to, to anyone acting on your behalf such as your financial adviser, lawyer, accountant or referees;
- to any person with whom you transact or any financial institution nominated by you or anyone else your request;
- if you are in default of your obligations to us, to debt collection agencies, credit reporting bureaux, to our legal advisers, or industry associations.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up to date
We aim to ensure that personal information we hold about you are accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact us if you believe the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date and we will review it.
How do we hold personal information?
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We use and employ appropriate systems, security measures, techniques and processes for both hard copy and digitally recorded and stored information.
Gaining Access to your personal information
You can gain access to your personal information upon request, either by phone or by visiting one of our locations. Subject to verification of your identity, we will provide you with access to any information we collect about you as soon as practicable. We will not charge you any fees for a request but may charge you reasonable costs of processing your request.
Complaints and contacting us
It would assist us to respond to your complaint promptly if it is made in writing. Please detail all information relevant to your complaint.